Engine shown with optional L19 head studs. Oil filter adapter, oil pump, oil feed adapter, and oil pan sold separately
The ATS 2.3L Stroker is the ultimate bottom end for the 3SGTE . By adding approximately 16% more displacement to the original MR2 engine, our customers are finding even quicker turbo spool up, better driveability, massive torque curves, and excellent low rpm response. The ATS 2.3 stroker short block is built from a 5SFE block and will require a 5S oil cooler, waterlines, and additional modifications may be necessary. ATS will provide full installation support for anyone that purchases the 2.3.
Each 2.3L stroker short block includes:
- 5SFE cylinder block - bored .020 over, checked, decked as necessary
- 5SFE crankshaft - machined, balanced and polished
- Correct rear main seal
- Eagle or Manley rods (depending on availability) - upgrades available
- ATS Custom Forged 87.5mm Pistons (built for us by Wiseco) - HD piston upgrade is recomended abover 500whp.
- King engine bearings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Hand assembled by ATS Racing, The world's most experienced 3sgte engine builder.
- Freight charges will be higher than what our website calculates. Typical business delivery is $250, residential is $400, International is $700+
- Price $3400
- Shipping Weight 190 Lbs.
Special options are below (prices are with shortblock purchase only)
- 98+ 5SFE block upgrade - This is the strongest block available for the MR2, perfect for your 700+ rwhp goals. This block will require the same parts for install as the normal 5S block.
- ATS Proprietary Fill - This optional service is highly recommended above 600whp. Our block fill reinforces the cylinder walls where it counts, using a minimal amount of filler and still yielding maximum strength. Why use less filler you ask? Because using more filler means less coolant in the block and potentially a less streetable motor. These motors remain 100% streetable even with AC in 110 degree Texas summers.
- BC Rod upgrade - Upgrade from our standard Eagle rods to these BC rods. Price also includes our exclusive oiling modification that increases oil flow to the bottom of the piston/wrist pin.
- HD Pistons and Stage 3 wrist pins - Recomended for over 550whp applications
- ARP Main studs and line honing is recomended over 600whp
- Billet Main Caps availble for over 900whp
All engines are considered special order and will inquire a 20% restocking fee if canceled